Guildford College of Further and Higher Education (GC) - United Kingdom cooperates with Ho Chi Minh City University of Transport (UT- HCMC) in establishing a joint academic programme, which enables learners to obtain BTEC HND (Higher National Diploma) in Business (Finance) and Bachelor of Arts Degree in Business Studies.
On successful completion of their 3 years study in Vietnam, the learners will be awarded a BTEC HND in Business (Finance) by Edexcel (the UK's largest awarding body). The BTEC HND, one of the UK’s prestigious qualifications acknowledged in over 130 countries worldwide, is verified and recognized by UK’s employment associations which makes a great contribution to global job opportunities for learners.
Graduates holding a BTEC HND would be:
· viewed as being suitably qualified to get a job with a view to accumulating good experience and then continue their Top-up for a full Bachelor degree within 5 years (the BTEC HND holders are able to have their academic transcripts reserved for their future study at Higher Education level within 5 years after graduation), or
· directly qualified for the final year of the BA Degree in Business Studies
o at Guildford College, UK: accredited by the University of Surrey - one of the top 20 among the total number of 230 institutions in the UK, or
o at other well-known institutions in the UK, Australia, the USA, Canada, Singapore, Malaysia, etc, or
o in Vietnam, accredited by the UK institutions
Benefits of the program
· The learners will be provided with an excellent opportunity to participate in a dynamic learning environment of international standard equipped with modern teaching aids, in which the Academic Quality Verification is annually carried out by Edexcel.
· The curriculum is completely delivered in English by the domestic and international teaching staff who possess international qualifications and excellent teaching experience.
· The learners are provided with an Advanced English Course to meet the program requirement.
· The learners are fully supported with visa or passport procedure for their overseas study.
Reasonable tuition fees (About 1/4 of the fee in UK but the learners are awarded the UK’s prestigious qualification)
· Achievement of GCSE (General Certificate of Secondary Education) The requirements for entry should be A levels or equivalent
· Basic English proficiency
· The learners will be free to attend the English Entry Exam
Candidates may take Application Forms from Ho Chi Minh City University of Transport from July 30th, 2009. Receive Application Forms from August 8th, 2009 to September 9th, 2009 and expect to launch its first course in October, 2009.
The BTEC HND programme is under quality control and accreditation by Edexcel- The UK’s largest awarding body
For further information, please contact:
Department of International Relations, Research and Development, Ho Chi Minh City University of Transport
& No. 2, D3 Street, Van Thanh Bac, Ward 25, Binh Thanh District, Ho Chi Minh City
' +84 8 3510 6171 Fax : +84 8 3898 0456
+ firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.hcmutrans.edu.vn
1/ The International academic Programme
2/ Advantages of the programme
3/ Units in programme
4/ List of unversities giving final year bachelor degree entry to BTEC HND students
5/ Employment opportunities